Montreal (September 27, 2018) – Montreal-based production company Reflector Entertainment is pleased to announce its first creative property and ambitious new entertainment franchise, Unknown 9 (U9). Some of the most acclaimed talents in the industry have been recruited to bring this new universe to life across multiple platforms, including comic books, podcasts, novels, video games, film and TV. With a mission to produce next-generation content, the company, headed by Alexandre Amancio (Assassin’s Creed), in partnership with Guy Laliberté (Cirque du Soleil), plans to unfold the innovative project over the next several years, and will host a special experiential showcase during next week’s New York Comic Con.
Explains Reflector CEO and Creative Director Alex Amancio, “We aim to accomplish something that has never been attempted on this scale before: to create a universe with multiple entry points, where the story is always unfolding, and where fans get to participate and shape that world. It’s a massive undertaking that we are excited to unveil at New York Comic Con.”
Unknown 9 is an occult conspiracy thriller focused on the Leap Year Society, a secretive organization aiming to uncover the keys to mankind’s greatest mysteries. As the world of Unknown 9 expands, fans will be able to experience stories told across a variety of platforms and points of entry, and the interwoven narratives will be shaped by their participation.
Initial projects include:
– U9 Trailer: released today is a teaser trailer on the overall U9 world:
– The Institute for Higher Knowledge: an alternate reality game that debuted in September, thrusts players into the world of the Leap Year Society by having them hunt for clues and solve puzzles hidden across the internet, inviting them to become LYS “inductees”.
– The Leap Year Society Podcast: an original podcast by writer/producer Terry Miles (The Black Tapes, Tanis, Rabbits) was launched, with two initial episodes released on September 27, and follows two investigative journalists as they seek out the Leap Year Society. Find it at LYSPodcast.com
– Comic Book: comic book maxiseries from Dark Horse Comics by writer John Ney Rieber (The Books of Magic, Captain America, G.I. Joe) and artist Jae Lee (Before Watchmen, Dark Tower, Inhumans)
– Novel: novel trilogy by author Layton Green (The Dominic Grey Series, Written in Blood, The Brothers Three)
– Video Game: AAA video game created by a top team of industry veterans
– Theatrical film: theatrical film penned by screenwriters Josh Campbelland Matt Stuecken (10 Cloverfield Lane)
– Television series: executive produced by Tim Kring (Heroes, Crossing Jordan, Dig).
During New York Comic-Con, Reflector Entertainment will host an exclusive two-day immersive experience where attendees will become “inducted into the Leap Year Society” and journey through an otherworldly soirée the McKittrick Hotel, home of Sleep No More, just south of NYCC’s home at the Javits Center. Short-form samples of the first Unknown 9 comic book will also be distributed at the event. Those in attendance will include Reflector Entertainment executives Alexandre Amancio (Co-Founder/CEO), David Bédard (Brand Content Manager), Rosana Roth (Head of Development), Noémie L’Écuyer (Producer), and Kim Belair (Story Architect), joined by some of the key talent behind the U9 property, including Kring, Campbell, Stuecken, Lee, Green and Miles, in addition to the event’s director, Christopher Sandberg (Conspiracy for Good).
– Press Preview: A special press preview of the U9 experience will take place Friday, October 5 at 4:00 p.m., followed by a Happy Hour in the hotel’s rooftop lounge.
– Public Tickets: The one-hour long experience will be open to the public on October 5 at 6:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. & October 6 at 4:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Free tickets for timeslots can be reserved herestarting Friday September 28.
About Reflector Entertainment
Reflector Entertainment is a new breed of studio creating high-quality, compelling content for global audiences.A cross-platform approach to its original “Storyworlds” allows the company to tell richer, deeper stories that connect with fans everywhere. Reflector collaborates with top industry talent to innovate and revolutionize the entertainment experience. Headquartered in Montreal, the company is led by Alexandre “Alex” Amancio, CEO and Creative Director, and former creative director at Ubisoft, where he was one of the visionary talents behind the international success of the videogame Assassin’s Creed. Reflector is a subsidiary of Lune Rouge, holding of Guy Laliberté (Cirque du Soleil, One Drop and Lune Rouge founder), of which Amancio is a member of the creative and executive boards. For more information, visit the website at reflectorentertainment.com. Follow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Lauren Peteroy (NY) / Ashley Patterson (LA)
B|W|R Public Relations
P: (212) 901-3937 / (310) 248-6126