The candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, administrating systems and supporting different teams.
- Deliver game versions to development and quality control teams (internal and external);
- Deliver game versions to external contacts at the request of production (ie Location, Marketing, Direction).
Versions Control (Perforce)
- Provide Perforce support to the team;
- Act as a Perforce system administrator: users, groups, permissions, file types, and general Perforce configuration;
- Ensure the management and integration of the Perforce branches.
- Be strongly service-oriented in order to provide effective support to development teams;
- Identify the tool support requirements for the team and discuss them proactively with the tool team;
- Forward requests for assistance to the appropriate person in the "tools" or "engineering" team when a problem goes beyond the responsibility of the data manager;
- Be the main point of contact for assistance requests (internal or external);
- Provide minimal daily logistical support for production: (Software / Hardware) etc.
- Maintain and update knowledge of project pipeline applications;
- Produce workflow documents and production pipeline systems, update and maintain these documents in a centralized and accessible location;
- Establish a knowledge base of the project and keep it up to date.
Automated compilation system management and compilation farm
- Monitor the panels and errors of the compilation system;
- Report errors to development team engineers and quality control:
- Maintain and update knowledge of applications used by the project's production pipeline;
- In collaboration with IT teams, monitor and manage NAS network storage used by production teams.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline (network administration)
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a data manager or similar position; experience in the video game industry;
- Experience working with game engines and game development interfaces: a plus;
- Strong knowledge of Perforce and other source control systems.
- Strong interpersonal and written and spoken communication skills;
- Passion for all aspects of video games;
- Stand-alone and proactive attitudes;
- Problem-solving and open-minded;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes.