Working under the direct responsibility of the lead gameplay programmer, the successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, implementing gameplay features that meet the requirements of the project’s design and technical bibles.
- Analyze and understand the game design documents in order to define and implement the required gameplay features;
- Work iteratively in collaboration with game designers to refine gameplay features;
- Collaborate with game designers/level designers/animators to discuss and define the technical feasibility for each gameplay feature;
- Suggest technical improvements whenever necessary, by designing and implementing new systems, or modifying existing systems;
- Work with quality assurance team to optimize and debug new and existing code to fulfill the intentions of the project;
- Develop the required tools in collaboration with the tools team to provide efficient feature development during the production;
- Ensure coding standards are followed;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience;
- 3 to 5 years of equivalent work experience in game industry;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Good C/C++ and/or C# programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
- Good understanding of gameplay technologies, and can use their technical knowledge in various areas such as mathematics, physics, animation, artificial intelligence to implement gameplay features;
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly deliver prototype gameplay features;
- Good at defining data-driven designs;
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Console development and Unreal experience are a plus.