Reporting to the technical director, the successful candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, and will develop systems on a wide spectrum (from engine to editor features, in various programming fields) that meet the requirements of the project’s design and technical bibles.
- Work on multiple platforms and on various topics to support specialist programmers and artists in their tasks;
- Suggest improvements to the existing pipeline that match the project’s needs;
- Analyze code performance and optimize whenever needed;
- Help to determine CPU and memory budgets;
- Develop the required tools in collaboration with the tools team to provide efficient feature development during the production;
- Ensure coding standards are followed;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience;
- 4 to 6 years of equivalent work experience in game industry;
- Experience with multiplatform programming;
- Experience with multithreading;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Excellent C/C++ and/or C# programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
- Significant experience in multiple programming fields (3D, engine, audio, physics, …);
- Autonomous and flexible with work organization;
- Good at defining data-driven designs;
- Passionate about playing and making games;
- Good interpersonal and oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Modern console development and Unreal experience are a plus.