Working closely with the lead designer, the level designer is helping to create an original and unique FPX adventure in the Unknown 9 universe for PCs and consoles. He will be in charge, in collaboration with different departments, of the realization of prototypes, of the creation of a semi-open world, the integration of the contents of game as well as the debugging while respecting the direction of the game and the constraints techniques.
- Appropriate the creative vision and the documentation of the game;
- Understand the impact that their level plays on the overall game experience;
- Work on prototypes to validate game concepts and establish rules;
- Design the level of the game, and their first integration;
- Provide regular follow-up with the artistic, narrative and game designer teams;
- Maintain appropriate documentation to facilitate collaborative work with other departments;
- Design a 'semi open-world' level;
- Integrate and script game elements including mission events and conversations;
- Collaborate with the technical team to ensure the feasibility of their intentions;
- Actively participate in the quality of the game by correcting the bugs found by the quality assurance team;
- Collaborate with programmers to eliminate the most critical bugs;
- Iterate to get the maximum quality.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a level designer;
- Have delivered and worked on all stages of production for minimum one (1) game;
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus;
- Good knowledge of video games including a great interest in narrative games;
- Have high standards in terms of quality;
- Be creative;
- Be proactive and autonomous in your duties;
- Be motivated and have a positive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills in French and English.