Reflector entertainment is a totally new breed of studio committed to creating next-generation contant for audiences around the globe. Reflector’s missions is to reate Storyworlds : transmedia universes built from the ground up, releasing new and exciting narratives along a consistent schedule and across a wide variety of platforms. The platforms vary per Storyworld, and can be PC / concoles / mobile video games, live immersive experiences, comic books, novels, television series, films, podcasts, etc. Our team is quickly growing, and we are currently looking for AAA talent that will drive our ambitious, large scale projects. SOMMARY Reporting to the Lead Programmer, the successful candidate will work in a multidisciplinary and collaborative environment. He/she will be in charge of implementing the behavior of the different cameras for the game as well as their transitions, taking into account the needs of playability, realization and technical constraints.
- Work iteratively and in close collaboration with designers, animators and directors to implement and improve the camera's functionality and realization;
- Collaborate with other programmers and technical directors to leverage existing technologies and integrate camera code cohesively into the game;
- Ensure a user-oriented approach to allow designers and developers to intuitively configure cameras;
- Ensure with the Quality Assurance team the stability, optimization and debug of new and existing codes to meet project target;
- In collaboration with the "tools" team, develop the tools necessary for the effective development of functionalities during production;
- Ensure compliance with coding standards;
- Ensure that the technical documentation is written.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or training or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position in the video game industry;
- Delivered at least 1 video game, preferably on a console type 'AAA';
- Good C / C ++ and / or C # programming skills, and a good knowledge of object-oriented development;
- Good understanding of gaming technologies and the ability to apply technical knowledge in a variety of areas including mathematics (especially spatial geometry), physics, and animation, and for setting up camera capabilities;
- Ability to work in an iterative environment with game designers to quickly provide prototypes of features;
- Have a data-driven approach and easy to configure for users;
- Passion for games and game design;
- Skilled in interpersonal relationships;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Experience with commonly used development tools, including Visual Studio and Perforce;
- Experience in console development and Unreal usage is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French (oral and written).
- Interest in photography and / or production is a plus.