Reflector Entertainment is a totally new breed of studio committed to creating next-generation content for audiences around the globe. Reflector’s mission is to create Storyworlds: transmedia universes built from the ground up, releasing new and exciting narratives along a consistent schedule and across a wide variety of platforms. The platforms vary per Storyworld and can be PC/consoles/mobile video games, live immersive experiences, comic books, novels, television series, films, podcasts, etc. Our team is quickly growing, and we are currently looking for AAA talent that will drive our ambitious, large scale projects. Reporting directly to the Technical Director, the candidate will work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment, implementing new tools that will help production teams in their everyday work.
- Design, develop and maintain internal tools used during game development process;
- Make sure the tools are user friendly and easy to use;
- Suggest improvements to the existing pipeline that match the project’s needs;
- Collaborate with artists, designers and others programmers to propose new tools or improvements to existing tools;
- Ensure coding standards are followed;
- Ensure the creation of technical documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, or equivalent training or experience;
- 4 to 6 years of relevant experience as a Tools Programmer in the game industry;
- Good C/C++ and/or C# programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
- At least 3 years of experience with the development of tools inside Unreal’s editor framework;
- Significant experience with 3DSMax and/or Maya plugin development;
- Pro-active, autonomous and flexible with work organization;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to adapt to change;
- Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce.