Reflector Entertainment is a totally new breed of studio committed to creating next-generation content for audiences around the globe. Reflector’s mission is to create Storyworlds: transmedia universes built from the ground up, releasing new and exciting narratives along a consistent schedule and across a wide variety of platforms. The platforms vary per Storyworld and can be PC/consoles/mobile video games, live immersive experiences, comic books, novels, television series, films, podcasts, etc. Our team is quickly growing, and we are currently looking for AAA talent that will drive our ambitious, large scale projects. Reflector Interactive is looking for a lever artist who will report directly to the Lead level artist.
- Create models and assemble scenes for both architectural and organic environmentswith consideration of the narrative and visual storytelling;
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain them to stay in frame rate, memory and design spec;
- Must cooperate effectively with other artists and designers;
- Ensure that artistic style is consistent with the game’s visual style;
- Ensure application of best practices, production pipelines and workflows.
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as an Environment Artist in the game industry;
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in Graphics Design, Art or equivalent training or experience;
- Shipped at least 1 game as an Environment Artist, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
- An exceptional understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regard to modeling;
- Proficient with 3D modeling software like 3Ds Max, Maya;
- Experience in both hard surface and organic modeling;
- Experienced with PBR pipeline;
- Excellent knowledge of lighting, composition, color and value in environmental design;
- Self-motivated- requires minimal direction, can carry on the vision for the level until completion and commit to deadlines;
- Great team-player attitude - being flexible with new ideas, being open to direction and changes. Listening to team mates;
- Able to help others and ask for help when needed. Being proactive in sharing info and assets;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and French (oral and written);
- Experienced with Substance is a plus;
- Experienced with Unreal is a plus.